Here's the thing...don't let thinking about it make you crazy. We don't eat festival food every day; and with exercising like we do, sticking with drinking our water, and eating healthy most of the time... it's ok to live and have fun and enjoy treats once in a while!
Here are some things to think about to help take the edge off of those treats:
- Park in a place that allows you to do some walking to get to the festival- a little guaranteed exercise
- Do not starve yourself before going---eat normal healthy meals, and even have a health snack if possible...getting there feeling full will help you keep it together when faced with funnel cakes, chili cheese fries, and fried everything on a stick.
- Drink your water! Another great way to keep cravings away...zero calories!
- Keep an open mind and look for healthier options...roasted corn on the cob? grilled chicken on a stick? fresh fruit cups? keep your eyes open!
- Order the smallest size you can get, and share treats with friends/family who are thinking the same way you are (cuts back on calories for each of you)
Have FUN this summer!